Thank you for visiting Clean Earth Connect, Clean Earth’s customer portal ("Portal").
We invite you to read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Portal. By accessing or using this Portal or otherwise providing your information to us, you agree to this policy.
Information We Collect
We collect business information, personally identifiable information, and anonymous information from you in a variety of ways. We collect personally identifiable information directly from you when you interact with us directly. We also collect non-identifiable, anonymous information from you as you visit our site, view our online content or use our services.
1. Information from you. We collect information directly from you when you choose to create a user or customer account on our Portal, or provide information as you participate in our offers, surveys or questionnaire, or when you contact us or otherwise directly provide information to us. Examples of personally identifiable information we may collect directly from you include:
- Email address
- Business address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- User name and password
2. Information of third parties supplied by you. Our Portal provides a feature that allows you to invite your contract partners to join the Portal. Clean Earth will use the contact information you provided to facilitate the invitation. By inviting your contract partners to join the Portal, you consent to the sharing of your business information and personally identifiable information with your contract partners.
- Information about your device operating system and browser
- Your IP address
- Usage information about your visits to Clean Earth Connect, including login times, page views, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Portal
The information that we collect helps us to improve our Portal, to understand which parts of our Portal and features are of most interest and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Recognize you when you return to Clean Earth Connect.
- Store information about your preferences, including site and alert preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
How we use the information that we collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any business information or personal information, to fulfill the limited purposes for which you provided the information, including:
- To present Clean Earth Connect and its content to you.
- To provide you with information about our services that you request from us.
- To provide invoice information.
- To provide customer support.
- To conduct marketing analysis.
- To manage customer experience.
- To market our services to you, including by the use of direct mail and e-mail.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Portal or any services we offer or provide through the Portal.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Portal.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To invite your contract partners to join the Portal. We may use your contact information to identify you as the originator of the invitation.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How we share or disclose your information
We do not disclose, share, or sell the information we collect about you to third parties for their commercial marketing purposes. In some cases, Clean Earth may use third party service providers to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process information on its behalf. It is our practice to require such service providers to handle information in a manner consistent with Clean Earth’s policies.
We may disclose information that does not identify any individual user without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support or develop our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Clean Earth’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clean Earth, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent.
Privacy for Children
Our Portal is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our websites or on or through any of their features/register on our websites, make any purchases through the websites, use any of the interactive features of our website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from someone under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about someone under18, please contact us at CEIUS_CSupport@harsco.com or this address: 933 First Avenue, Suite 200, King Of Prussia, PA 19406, Attn. Connect Administrator.
We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary. We will retain your information during the time when your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Securing your information
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical procedures that are designed to protect personal information from loss or misuse. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to transmit your personal information securely. We implement access control to limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. All information transmitted to and from the Portal occurs over a secured connection.
No method of transmission or electronic storage can provide absolute certainty of security, and as such we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information that we collect.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Portal that are California residents to request certain information, including the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes and the names and addresses of those third parties, regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CEIUS_CSupport@harsco.com or this address: 933 First Avenue, Suite 200, King Of Prussia, PA 19406, Attention: Connect Administrator.
933 First Avenue
King Of Prussia, PA 19406
Attn. Connect Administrator